We all love bunting don't we? Hope you'll like these 4 sheets of printable paper bunting I've prepared for you!
Each sheet has 3 bunting elements with different simple patterns I've created on neutral background. They come in 4 colors : coral pink, light teal, lavender, pastel green.
There was a lot of empty space on the sheets and I hate wasting paper, so I've added 8 mini-flags in each, repeting the patterns. They turned out to be the cutest part! :)
You can use this indoor or outdoor, of course you can combine the 4 sets as I did to show you the result, but you can also pick just 2 or 1 of them if you have in mind a particular color scheme for a party, for example pink or blue would look sweet for a baby shower no? The mini-flags are ideal as cupcake toppers but also for other snacks or even fruit.
I've realized that also a "mini-bunting" using the small flags is possible but I didn't try... I'm wondering how it would look like... If you feel like trying a mini-bunting garland, please send me a photo!
Below some tips for DIY and the links to download the 4 sheets.
Do you like the idea and these printables? Let me know! :)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Relax!
TIME: uh, not sure... I've made the garland and the mini-flags using all the 4 sheets last thursday night, and in the meantime I was chatting, answering the phone, watching TV, doing other things... I would say less than one hour anyway.
COST: I'm pretty sure you won't need to buy anything to make this!
- DailySuze free printable bunting sheets that you can download in PDF at the bottom of this post
- Ribbon or baker's twine (or actually any type of cute twine or thread you have at hand)
- Toothpicks or other type of wood or plastic sticks suitable for food as needed
- Scissors for paper (choose child-safe scissors if you do this project with your kids!)
- Glue for paper (choose a non-toxic one if you plan to put the mini-flags on cupcakes or other food - or if you do this little fun project with your kids!)
- Normal home color printer
- Common A4 paper (avoid too heavy and too thin paper, just your average one will do).
- You will need light to cut exactly, since there's not much contrast between white and the neutral background of the elements
- Fold the elements in half BEFORE putting the glue on them
- Put the glue only on one of the triangular halfs of each element: too much glue will make your bunting look heavy and stiff
- For the bunting garland: leave approx 1 cm of paper not glued at the middle of the diamond shapes: so you will be able to slide the elements on the twine until they're in a regular and satisfactory position.
Click to download:
(If you want to download and you encounter any problem, please let me know!)
NOTE: these printables have NO commercial purpose and they are free for your personal NON-commercial usage. If you like them and you want to spread the word you are very welcome, but please credit me and do not re-distribute directly on your site: please link back to this post. Thanks.